Can I put parental controls on an iPhone?
If you still don’t know whether you can install a parental control app on your kid’s iPhone or not, the answer is you can! Moreover, you have to do it right now, even if you need to jailbreak the device first! No need to panic, jailbreaking is not a necessity but rather an option for overly concerned parents. However, let’s not get ahead of ourselves!
Why do you need an iPhone parental control app?
Along with all that valuable information, the Internet is still full of online dangers that can rattle an adult, not to mention an underage kid. Here are just several of them:
- Adult contentNeedless to say that the Net is teeming with adult content, from pornography and offensive comments to excessive violence and racism. For instance, statistics shows that the largest group of porn consumers is teens aged 12 to 17, and only 60% of them have encountered such websites accidentally. Along with that, there are lots of other inappropriate materials on the Web that can easily traumatize an innocent child.
- Cyber bullyingOne more strong reason to install a parental control app on your kid’s iPhone is cyber bullying. Unfortunately, 65% of teens and tweens are involved in a bullying process, and only half of them tell their parents about it. Others are simply too embarrassed to speak out.
- PredatorsAnother sad statistics shows that 69% of kids regularly receive messages from strangers who ask them to meet or send money and gifts while 20% of teens have already become targets of sexual solicitation.
These are only a few online dangers existing today, but they are definitely enough to start monitoring your child’s iPhone, iPad, or another device now! Luckily, the current market offers a variety of useful software so that everyone can choose a parental control app according to their needs and budget.
Jailbreak and no-jailbreak solutions – what to choose?
Once you decide to track your kid’s phone, the next step is to choose the right application. There are actually two options for iPhone owners – parental control software for non-jailbroken and jailbroken devices. For example, the most popular today monitoring app mSpy offers the following features for those who want to avoid jailbreaking:
- access to the contact list and call history;
- ability to read all SMS, MMS, and iMessage content;
- access to the website history, calendar, and notes;
- ability to view WhatsApp messages;
- access to all installed applications and Wi-Fi networks.
Please note that this option requires iCloud credentials of the target device! If you don’t know them, you will need to jailbreak your kid’s iPhone. However, in such a case, you will be able to get much more information about your children and their online life. Thus, in addition to all of the features available for the non-jailbroken iOS devices, mSpy offers a wide range of others, including access to:
- current GPS location;
- photos and videos;
- sent and received emails;
- social networks and instant messengers (Facebook, Instagram, Tinder, Skype, Viber, Snapchat, and others);
- keyword tracking;
- application and website blocking.
In this way, to use a parental control app for monitoring your kid’s iPhone is a wise solution indeed. After all, no one wants their children to be exposed to cyber bullying and pornography. So if you want to protect your family from online dangers, start with keeping your child’s device safe and secure!